Wie wichtig ist Lippenbuzzing

Ansatzfragen, Welche Methode ist die beste,
Probleme, Gundlegende Techniken etc.

Moderator: Die Moderatoren

yogi
Unverzichtbar

Re: Wie wichtig ist Lippenbuzzing

Beitrag von yogi »

mk-trumpet hat geschrieben::huepf: Ja, wenn's zwischen meinen Kugeln funkt, habe ich die richtige Ansatztechnik gefunden, und das Publikum sein Trommelfell verloren :trumpet2: :gut:
ganz schön funky :lol:
womei
NormalPoster
Meine Instrumente ..: Bach Strad. LR180ML37
Yamaha D/Eb
Selmer Hoch-G
Selmer-Hoch-Bb

Re: Wie wichtig ist Lippenbuzzing

Beitrag von womei »

Jeder der sich einmal mit den Warm-ups and Studies von James Stamp beschäftigt hat, wurde zwangsläufig auch mit dem Thema Lip-Buzzing konfrontiert.

Immer auf der Suche nach möglichst ursprünglichen Quellen, und da mir Sinn und Zweck dieser Übung verborgen blieb, habe ich mir vor einiger Zeit die Mühe gemacht und einmal zwei Namhafte Stamp Schüler hierzu kontaktiert.

Malcolm McNab:
I have discovered, over these last 56 years of doing Stamp, that some students were encouraged to do lip buzzing and continued to utilize it in their routine. On the other hand, most other students did not recall much emphasis on that technique.

If there can be just one brief description of the goal of James Stamp's teaching, it is definitely "pitch center". Playing in pitch center, always leaving the center of one note and going directly to the center of the next. Great pitch leads to great tone and getting efficient. Getting efficient leads to playing consistently at a high level.

A definition of insanity would be doing something for so many years that doesn't work or ever get better. I can tell you now that it might be worth investigating. With people my age getting better and more efficient every day, you might want to check it out.

Regards,
Malcolm
Thomas Stevens:
I never do the lip buzzing because it makes my lips feel numb. Others may need to do it, but I don’t; however, I do play the mouthpiece drills daily, including sometimes using (if my lips are swollen) the so-called Herseth warm-up mouthpiece, which Jeff Parke in Chicago is still making, and a number of Stamp students use.
In summary, my personal opinion is that anyone claiming to be a Stamp expert is full of shit, with the notable exception of Malcolm McNab, who was like a son to Jimmy, and, in my view, has the most comprehensive knowledge of Jimmy and his teaching.

Meilleurs,
TS
Antworten